Skip to content
- Cisco® MGE Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) or mini Gigabit Interface Converter (mini-GBIC) transceivers are easy-to-install modules that provide a simple way to add fiber connectivity or an extra Gigabit Ethernet port to your Cisco 100, 200, 300, and 500 Series switches. The transceivers are available for single-mode or multimode fiber-optic cabling and can support distances from 100 meters up to 40 kilometers.
- The Cisco MGE transceivers provide fast, reliable connectivity between switches located on different floors, in separate buildings, or on a small campus network needing connectivity between sites. These transceivers can support Gigabit Ethernet applications.
- Adds fiber-optic connectivity to Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches
- High-performance link for connecting networks within a building or small business area
- Easy removal with an integrated spring latch
- Hot swappable to maintain network availability
- Flexibility of media and interface choice on a port-by-port basis, so you can “pay as you populate”
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.